Click image for user guide
Language competences and digital skills, the two main objects of our project, are basic skills and among the most important capacities of individuals to obtain.
Higher competences and skills in the above named fields result in an increased capacity and professionalism to work at international levels, strengthens the links between formal, non-formal education, vocational training and other forms of learning, and allow increased opportunities for professional development, combined with an increased motivation and satisfaction in the daily work – all this at a systemic level as response to main challenges in employment.
The outcomes of the project
The outcomes of this project will help the target groups to overcome the constraints of current situation in L2 courses thanks to
– the introduction of an advanced L2 programme for the Tourism Sector using a gamified learning methodology with knowledge competitions;
– an industry oriented approach: the project is supported by major HRD departments of European business stakeholders – they will participate in the L2 tournaments and become direct beneficiaries of the project;
– providing a mobile and ubiquitous learning and training opportunity;
– embedding learning analytics in a game: for the learners in the sense of quantified self, for the institutions and enterprises in the form of anonymous collective diagnostics;
– a strong personalized learner orientation with a new motivating and engaging gamification approach, which will be further evaluated in the course of the project.
The project will describe organisational models, suggest delivery structures and provide a basis for assessing the potentials based on the experiences gained in its activities. The valorisation strategy and the project model itself will have a positive impact since it will show how to increase access and retention in life long learning for the specific target group in the tourism industry .
Teachers, trainers, educational providers and stakeholders will learn about a suitable model of learning that can be used in the tourism sector and that has the potential of raising attractiveness for learning foreign languages. Raising of awareness for the problem and the possibilities of modern language learning and training for tourism enterprises and their staff as well as schools and universities operating in the sector of tourism and stakeholders in the tourism industry will be done in all countries of the project and further. An active analytics infrastructure will be created and at the disposal of any interested person or organisation. Quote from an UNESCO publication (Nov. 2012): “Compared to many other sectors, educational institutions are currently ‘driving blind’. They should invest in ANALYTICS INFRASTRUCTURE for two reasons: to optimise student success, and to enable their own researchers to ask foundational questions about learning and teaching in the 21st century.”